"Prelude: After Colony 193" Chapter 1 - A Restless Nation Written by: Drydian email: drydian@yahoo.com website: FallenClan.com "Captain Rythorn, you and your men have done well." With an air of smugness General Nathtok glared out of the window with his arms crossed behind his back. Outside, the city of Winchester, southeastern coast of England, is awakening to a fresh sea breeze and clear skies. This is not the case in South Africa where Rhineguard, an Alliance military base, lays in rubble with pillars of black smoke hovering over its remains. Destroyed Leo mobile suits are scattered across what was left of this once proud training base. "The Alliance now knows that the 'Legion of Catevari' does not give empty threats." General Nathtok raises his chin as he envisions himself eventually becoming the Dictator of Earth and no longer just the military Magistrate over England. "They have long relied upon their soldiers to control Earth in an iron grip. Continuously, they have sacrificed us in the hundreds, even thousands for just one more mile of land. Now that the Alliance has completely dominated the world, it is about time that the Alliance gives her children, her soldiers the land that our blood has been soaked in. They have poisoned our hearts and our minds since the beginning with endless wars. Today we have declared our desire to earn our own independence, our own lands, our own power." The sun gently rises over the cliff shining brightly into the room, giving General Nathtok a heavenly glow. Absorbing the rays of the sun in its entirety, Captain Rythorn stands proud and salutes his commander in all his glory. Rythorn boldly pronounces, "OZ will surely regret the day that they chose to stand with the Alliance against us." With an intrigued look Nathtok lowers his head upon his fingers, "Indeed, why OZ would leave us now, of all times, still worries me. However, we have already dedicated too much into this 'rebellion' and as long as OZ does not interfere as promised we shall still win this war." "No matter, Captain," he turns around and stares directly at Rythorn, "take your men to the Laurion mobile suit base in Moscow and 'reclaim' as many Leo's as possible to help our campaign. Our other forces around the globe have also met little resistance in taking out much of the Alliances fresh recruits. They shall begin the raids on the depots once our men have secured their positions within the bases and our ready to commence the incursion. Be wary not to offend OZ by destroying any of their troops as we are not prepared to take them on as of yet." With that, both saluted each other and Captain Rythorn left to return to his troops. Three days later, after Captain Rythorn and his troops, as well as other troops from the Legion of Catevari, were already soldiers based within those depots around the world that were targeted, infiltration was fairly easy. To keep their identities safe the bodies of the recruits from the training facilities that were destroyed were safeguarded with them and placed within their bunks. Explosives were set throughout the barracks to make everyone believe that each will have died within. Upon the hour decided, midnight, England time, the explosives will take out everything that remains within a mile radius of the bases by igniting the fuel cells kept in storage now positioned around the bases. Now it is a quarter till midnight and all soldiers of the Legion are making their way to the Leo's as hastily and stealthily as possible, killing all that discovers their presence. Lilith was luckier than most of the soldiers on duty during the takeover at the Laurion base as she was performing maintenance behind the seat of the cockpit of one of the Leo's. She did not notice the twenty soldiers silently make their way into the mobile suit bay. Neither did the other maintenance workers as each fell to their knives. Ten minutes till midnight. Kenton, one of the Legion, rose into the cockpit that Lilith was in and quickly took his seat flipping the switches, engaging the powering up of the suit. Annoyed, Lilith reaches her hands out of the panel to take the ratchet out of her mouth, as the cockpit closes up and a vid screen appears. From the vid only a shadow of a man can be seen, and a deep, commanding voice warns "Keep your eyes open troops, the time has come and only five minutes remains before the no return point has been breached. Get those Leo's to the transports and make your way to our new home." With that the Leo's proceed to march their way to the transport planes, load in and attach themselves to the drop lines. As the transports take off soldiers come out of the bases trying to shoot down the planes with machine guns that just aren't enough. Leo's on patrol turn on the transports puncturing the transports now rising to the skies. Rythorn, appearing in the vid screens of these Leo's, says "You are all committed soldiers to your nations, and I salute your deaths." Saluting these soldiers in the vid, Rythorn detonates the charges located within these Leo's, in great explosions as the planes fly by. Behind, just thirty seconds later the sky is lit with the destruction of the base. Lilith, realizing the position she's in, holds on preparing for one of the worst rides of her life. From Treize Khushrenada's mansion estate, Lady Une reports. "Treize, as you predicted the Legion has dropped their troops into England and has staked their claim. General Nathtok has issued a warning to the Alliance that any attempt to retake England will result in their destruction. His is the only identity among the Legion that has been confirmed so far. Treize looks on in acceptance of these facts. Before him replays the satellite views of England in flames. "Treize, shall I organize a fleet of OZ troops and end this now?" Treize, aristocrat and soldier, sits back in his favorite lush chair and closes his eyes. "OZ cannot reveal themselves yet to the Alliance, that time has not yet come. This is just a minor skirmish, a prelude of the changing times if you will. The pawns in this game have finally been staged and General Nathtok has taken the initiative, but his castle sits precariously in the middle of the board." Lady Une is taken aback by his response, "How shall we proceed?" Treize ponders for a moment; "It is time for our Knight to make his move."