Desert Rose in "The Return Of An Old Friend" Chapter 1 Written by: Lita email: Kattra02119@aol.com It has been two years since I last saw Quatre. I am now 16, I still pilot Desert Rose. I have a partner named Starla. She has long black hair that circles her ankles, her eyes are like the night, she has milky white skin, and is 16 also."Hey SPACE to Kat! You in there?" Starla practically yelled . " Hey watch were you yell, you are going to make me loss my hearing!" i said," Sorry, but we are going to miss are shuttle!" Then she picked up her bag and ran out of the room grabbing her coat on the way out. " Hey wait for me!" i yelled, and ran out grabbing my bag and coat and boots that I had forgotten to put on, I half ran and put on my boots. I ran into the garage where were getting ready for the mission, Are mission was to go blow up the abandoned military base. As I set my bag into the cock pit of my gundam I heard a familiar voice and so I pocked my head out side the air lock to see Duo Maxwell arguing with a solider who was probably on duty. " Hey ! leave him alone." "But Kernel Lexington he just walked in here like he knew were he was going!" he yelled in reply and the shot a nasty look towards Duo and then walked away cursing under his breath."Well, well well, look who the cat dragged in! Duo I haven't seen you in two years! how is every one ? " i yelled down to him, before he answered I jumped out of the air lock and landed beside him, " Everyone is fine, But Quatre , besides that everyone is fine,but you will never believe the ring Relena got." Duo was happy as always."You mean! He actually got the nerve to! Oh my stars!" i said with excitmeant."Yep, you should have seen Relena's reaction! as soon as she saw the ring she was on Heero like that! she nearly killed him from hug's!" then Duo threw his head back and laughed rather loudly, Kat blushed as people turned there heads towards them. " Duo not so loud! people are starring!" i said in a loud whisper," Sorry, But heero didn't ask her to marry him just as a gift for her birthday." he said ,"Oh I bet it is just so beautiful, huh?" as i finished saying what i was saying there came a loud yell half whin," Kat would you come on! Commander Zechs wont be happy to see us late, you know!" Duo twitched with uneasiness , "You mean Zechs is still alive?!" Kat looked at him with a weird look, "Yeah, he is. But after the battle i was in with you and him and the others a couple years back, I thought he musent be all that bad, once you get to know him he isent all bad you know." I said with an odd look on my face. ' What how can this be! Zechs is alive! man, how could he have survived a blow like that?' " Hey Duo, i have gotta be going ok. See ya later!"I then ran off and jumped into my gundam and not hearing what Duo yelled after me, " Wait Kat! Quatre has been shot!" But it was to late for her to hear. The Hospital~ BEEP BEEP BEEP that was the only sound in the room, it was the heart detector that was hooked up to Quatre.Duo was frustrated with Kat because she wouldn't listen, ' why didnt she listen to me!? it was almost aas if she new what i was going to say,like she had already new.But that couldn't be it, could it?' Duo was interrupted by the sound of a voice which he recognized to be Quatre's. " Duo. Were am I?" After that he let out a moan of pain." Hey buddy! So you finally made it back to civilization . How ya feeling? " " A little fine.Who is that?" He said with an odd look on his face, Duo quickley turned around to meet with a shadowed figure of a girl in the doorway, Then she walked forward her head down . Her hair was long ,that was Platinum Blonde with blood red strikes,In her hand she held a dozen roses, She was wearing an OZ uniform. She walked gracefully across the floor. " Hi Quatre. How are you feeling?Much better i hope." Then she picked up her head slowly to face Duo with a smile. Duo at this piont was wide eyed and stuttering, "K-K-K-K-K-Kat?" he finally got the word out. "I am surprised you remember what i look like from the other day." I simply said. "Man you dont look half bad in a OZ uniform Kat!" he joked. Kat only smiled and said, "I am glad you still have your since of humor." She said the looked down at Quatre and then back up to Duo.'What? Man she has changed alot since i saw her last.' Quatre thought.Her grey said danger while her words were kind and gentle, "Duo, i must be living now but i hope that Quatre recovers quickly . "She then smiled down at Quatre and then lened over and kissed his forhead and said, "You take car of yourself." The stood up and walked out of the room leaving Duo dumbfounded and Quatre wide eyed and blushing. **** What has heppened to Kat? Has she become a enemy to the gundams?Find out on the next chapter of, "The Return Of An Old Friend"****